Download the Working Map 1.1 MB
SEE ABOVE this line for link to draft 2023 working map.
UPDATE: APPLICATIONS for 2024 will go live at the end of August and be due at the beginning of November.
The 2024 Medieval Fair will be held April 5, 6, & 7 at Reaves Park, 2501 S Jenkins Ave., Norman, OK 73072, 10am - 7pm all three days.
Read This First! Info, Rules & Procedures !!! <----
Email MedievalFair@ou.edu with any questions or concerns you may still have after reading the Info, Rules & Procedures.
Application system: Log in here to apply Medieval Fair MIS
Deadlines & Important Dates
November 6th – ALL Vendor and Performer Applications due
January 8th - Accept/Reject notices to be sent
February 15th – Vendor payments due
March 1st – Last day to withdraw. Proof of insurance due (if required).
Tuesday before Medieval Fair – Food Vendors may set up.
Wednesday before Medieval Fair - Artisan Vendors may set up (rental tents not guaranteed in place until Thursday)
April 5, 6, & 7, 2024 Medieval Fair! 10am - 7pm
Monday after Medieval Fair – Mandatory hotel & sales report due from ALL Vendors.
May 6th – Commission payments due from Food & Game/Ride vendors, booth fee balance due from Norman Breweries.
(For those of you that are new or those that aren't quite sure how to convert your renaissance festival/fantasy fair look to an educational type medieval fair... the link we had before has been consumed by a bog monster. We're working on a new document for you. Keep checking back for an update.)
Artisan and Food Vendor Applications
Please review the Information, Rules and Procedures PDF carefully before submitting your application. Important Note: ALL vendors, regardless of type, MUST report total sales dollars and hotel stay information to Medieval Fair Department post Fair every year. FAILURE to do so will result in ineligibility to participate in the future.
Food Vendors - Here is a Quick reference tool for health department requirements. This is a draft and not an official document which is subject to change but it is a good starting point. The 2022 price for a three day permit from CCHD was $100. Contact Cleveland County Health Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-321-4048 with any specific questions.
There is a nonrefundable $15 Application Fee due with ALL vendor applications. Remaining fees will not be collected until AFTER you have been accepted. ALL artisans, not just the new ones, must submit a complete list of products or services. IF the interactive website feature gets fixes, your product descriptions will be visible to patrons - please type carefully! INCLUDE PICTURES! Neither our patrons nor our jury have all 200 vendors memorized by name. Only one application per booth space allowed.
Applications must be submitted through the online system at mis.medievalfair.org.
ONLINE SUBMISSIONS SYSTEM!
- Gather all your information including photo files and website links.
- Go to https://mis.medievalfair.org and Create an Account (or log in to your existing account)
- You will receive an e-mail message with a confirmation link to activate your account that must be activated before you may submit an application. (If you get an error confirming your email address such as 'bad token' PLEASE click the link to request a new confirmation token. The system will NOT allow you to fully submit your application until the email has been confirmed.)
- Create a Food Vendor, Game Vendor, Artisan Vendor, or Performer Application. **Artisans - if your "Percent of Products to be Sold" does not total 100% it will not allow you to save and continue. Do NOT input decimal points or percentage symbols in this field. If it is 80% only enter the number 80.
- Once completed, and reviewed the final step is to SUBMIT your application. Scroll to the bottom, check the "I certify..." box, find the bright green submit button, submit application. If you don't complete the final SUBMIT step we won't receive your application!
- After you submit you will be sent to a payment page where you may pay by credit card. If you prefer to mail a check or money order, download and print your payment form to send with your application fee. Make payable to University of Oklahoma and mail to Medieval Fair Department, 1700 Asp Ave, Norman, OK 73072.
- Liability insurance is required of ALL vendors.
- Smoking is not permitted at the park
- Artisans- we are a juried craft show. Please consider applying if your work meets the following criteria.
- Conformance to the 14th century fair theme
- Handcrafted items or art
- Artisans who demonstrate their craft
- Quality of workmanship and unique product offerings
- The following products are prohibited:
- Replica guns
- University of Oklahoma trademark items without proof of licensing agreement
- Plastic items such as commercially produced products one may find in a flea market
- A processing fee of $25 will be charged for ALL returned checks.
- Application fee $15
- Artisan varies by booth size and type, most common 12x12 (accomodates a 10x10 tent) in a row space is $225
- Food Vendor Snack Vendor $325 plus commission, Food Truck/Tent Vendor $550 plus commission, Eclectricity $200
- Norman Breweries $1,550 ($550 up front, $1,000 after event due by May 6)
- Food Vendors & Game/Ride Vendors 20% Commission (due by May 6)
- Temporary food vendor permit from Cleveland County Health Department (currently $100 but subject to change, paid directly to Cleveland County Health Department)
- Insurance - cost will vary by vendor and product, contact your insurance provider
- Email: MedievalFair@ou.edu
- Office phone 405-325-8610
- Mailing address: Medieval Fair Department, 1700 Asp Ave., Norman, OK 73072